That’s right. You, too, can experience the magic of easy, fast, high-value training treats!
Meat roll is a high-value training treat for most dogs. It doesn’t have to be a time-consuming chore to cut it up into nicely sized pieces. The secret? That french fry cutter you have hidden in the back of your cabinet. Or that onion chopper you forgot you purchased in the As Seen on TV section.
- Meat Roll
- French Fry Cutter or Onion Chopper
- Snack-Sized Baggies or Portion-Sized Containers
- Permanent Marker
Quick and Easy Steps:
1) Purchase a high-quality meat roll. These typically do not require refrigeration until they are opened. (I’m currently using Happy Howie’s.)
2) Slice into medallions. I slice them about 1/4 inch thick.
3) If necessary, cut the medallions so that they fit your cutter or chopper. Stack them up on your chopper.
I slice them in half to fit on my french fry cutter. An onion chopper may be a better fit and work a little better. (The only reason I use a french fry cutter is that my husband won it as a door prize. He has pretty good luck with raffles and door prizes.)
4) Chop ’em up!
5) Divide into portions.
6) Place portions into snack-sized baggies or other small containers.
7) Label and date the containers. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
I usually label a large bag, then place the folded-up wrapper and filled baggies inside. (I like to save the original wrapper just in case I need to reference it for some reason.)
If frozen, Happy Howie’s website says to thaw for 24 hours before use.
And there you have it! Training treats that are high in value, low in prep time!