Many people struggle with their dog’s behavior. My Fantastic Friend’s kind and effective training helps you bring out the best in your dog for a happier life together.
Be your dog’s hero. Train force free.
Here are just a few reasons to train force-free and use positive-reinforcement-based training, without the use of fear, intimidation or pain:
- Build an incredible relationship with your dog.
- Teach your dog alternatives to unwanted behavior.
- Reduce frustration by setting you and your dog up for success.
- Benefit from up-to-date, modern learning theory.
- Exercise your dog’s mind.
At My Fantastic Friend, Dogs Love to Learn!
We use positive-reinforcement-based training, without the use of fear, intimidation, force or pain. Behaviors we want to see are reinforced so that our dogs are motivated to repeat them. In contrast, we reduce unwanted behaviors by preventing them from being reinforced. We use good stuff to help change a dog’s associations and emotions to overcome fear and aggression.
We do not use or allow the use of shock, prong or choke collars.
Resources and more information on positive reinforcement and force-free training:
- AVSAB (American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior) position statement on the use of punishment
- Reward-Based Dog Training Isn’t Just for Sunny Days by Dr. Zazie Todd of Companion Animal Psychology
- PPG (Pet Professional Guild) book list