I help you bring out the best in your dog for a happier life together.
I know you are the kind of people who want be good dog guardians. You need to know how best to teach your dog, but you don’t know how to help your dog become the content, well-mannered companion you’re dreaming of. You love your dog, and you feel frustrated, uncertain and overwhelmed. I want you and your dog to be happy and safe. I want you to enjoy life with your dog and feel confident in your ability to help your dog thrive. That’s why I focus on teaching you and your dog to how to live together more harmoniously. Here’s how it works: book a class or consultation, begin a dog training program and start to bring out the best in your dog. So, book today so you can stop stressing out over your dog and start enjoying your life together!
Visit our Training Philosophy page for more information.
Dog trainer Jessica Ring strives to provide the most effective, efficient, humane and up-to-date solutions for her clients’ dog training needs. Jessica is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers and a Professional Canine Behavior Consultant – Accredited (PCBC-A) through the Pet Professional Accreditation Board. She is an honors graduate of Jean Donaldson’s Academy for Dog Trainers, a rigorous program known as the Harvard of dog training, earning her Certificate in Training and Counseling (CTC). Jessica studied with separation anxiety specialist Julie Naismith to earn her SA Pro Training certification, as well as the SA Pro Behavior Consultant certification. She also studied under world-renowned author and trainer Pat Miller at Peaceable Paws Academy, becoming a Pat Miller Certified Trainer (PMCT). She successfully completed Dr. Susan Friedman’s course Living and Learning with Animals: The Science and Technology of Behavior Change. As a Fear Free Certified Professional, Jessica is committed to preventing and alleviating fear, anxiety and stress in pets. Because she is devoted to continuing education and professional development, she regularly attends workshops and seminars. Furthermore, Jessica has 15 years of teaching experience as a graphic design professor at the university level.
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG)
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Professional Positive Pet Trainers (MAAPPPT)
- Successfully completed PetTech training in Pet First Aid and CPR
As Seen In
- AP News: Virtual Training Can Be Good for Trainers, Owners and Dogs
- The Washington Post: Dogs, too, can find the pandemic disorienting
- Fear Free Pets: Taking Your Training Business Online
- Reader’s Digest: 13 Puppy Training Mistakes You’ll Regret Later
- Reader’s Digest: 12 Easiest Dog Tricks You Could Start Teaching Today
- Reader’s Digest: Here’s How Often You Should Be Cleaning Your Dog’s Ears
- The Academy for Dog Trainers: A Good Trade: Online Coaching for Food and Object Guarding
- Pet Professional Guild: Puppy Socialization During a Pandemic (webinar)
- Fear Free Pets: Brain Games: Providing enrichment and mental stimulation when your patient is on “bed rest” (webinar)
In a word, dogs! Jessica has always loved dogs and working with dogs. She trained her family’s Bearded Collie and terrier mix. As a matter of fact, dog training and grooming were some of her favorite 4-H projects. In addition to all of her wonderful client dogs (and their humans), she is continually inspired by her two lovable but shy mutts, Pippi and Gus (a tripaw).